Teach your young children the do’s and don’ts of interacting with their pet and they’ll have life-long skills that will help them be confident and loving pet owners.
- By no means, should children approach any stray animal.
- Request permission first from the owner of the pet they wish to play with.
- Let an unfamiliar dog smell their hand first before they start petting the animal.
- Warn them not to play around with a dog that is eating.
- Children should not take any toy, bone or other essential foods from a dog.
- Teach them never to tease an animal.
- Kids should not run or yell when a dog is approaching them.
- Remind them to always be gentle whenever they play and talk with their pets.
- Children should learn that pets are their pals. You have to explain to your kids that giving their animals the same treatment they want to have is a good start. Animals too have feelings and can get hurt just like how humans can be hurt. Teach them not to pull the ears of their dogs or jump on their backs. Have fun and be safe!
Any other tips? What did I miss?